Friday, May 15, 2009

i can see your halo...halo halo

so i started off my week coming off a great weekend! saturday was my bridal shower! at a winery! what better send off to married life then 6 hours spent drinking wine with my friends and family. no, seriously, we were there for 6 hours. even mother nature decided to show. after about 8 days of non-stop rain, she apparently decided it was time for some sunshine…and a sunburn on my shoulder. thanks for that by the way. can i also say that even though i was fully aware that it was my bridal shower, and that i'm engaged to be married (i stare at my ring everyday as a reminder), i still can’t believe that it was really my bridal shower and that i'm getting married. as in married married. like a grownup. does this mean i'm old?

mother's day on sunday was spent with me sleeping at my parents house. when i finally awoke from my brief hibernation, it was time to get things cooking and ready for our bbq. and by that i mean that i basically sat in the kitchen and watched my mom prep food while i started putting together favor boxes. that was probably not a wise move as i spent the next two days obsessed with assembling and gluing boxes. and despite my mother's offer to help, i decided that i had to do it myself. i wouldn't have ever considered myself a control freak but now with this whole favor box situation, i believe there's a possibility i am (maybe that's why i've always hated group projects). so with about 70 boxes down, i only have 130 to go. yessss! someone explain to me why i thought this was going to be a good idea.

on a similarly sad and pathetic note, i spent the first half of the week without my favorite companion – mango….my beloved car (i named him after the chris kattan character from snl due to my car’s constant need for attention and love). yes, mango spent a few days in intensive care given the recent check engine light debacle. anyway, in the meantime, my dad graciously offered me use of his car – a nice lexus SUV, which i’ve driven only once before for maybe 10 minutes, nine of which were spent finding the emergency brake. i figured that it would be a great test drive. i’ve always wanted an SUV and now i know why (earmuffs, mango). my first morning drive into work, i felt like a celebrity…people were waving (granted it was a schoolbus full of 3rd graders but they were waving nonetheless). halo was playing on the radio and as i sang along, even my voice sounded better (it must have better acoustics or maybe it was just magic, i can’t decide…seriously, beyonce, call me. we can record a track inside the car). i struggled with the size a little. i'm not used to being so so so high up…it was like i was in a monster truck rally. ah, but i felt so powerful. get out of my way little ant people. watch out you “sedans”. in any case, it doesn't matter how great it felt to drive the suv because mango is back...and i don't think that my dad could have been in more of a hurry to drop it off and pick up his car. he's [mango] doing great. relaxed and refreshed...oh if we could all just take vacations willy nilly. so now i'm still driving to work singing halo at the top of my lungs but my voice just doesn't sound as good. [sighhh]. there goes my record deal and duet with beyonce.

No comments:

Post a Comment