Tuesday, May 11, 2010

i've made it in life!

so this past friday, i had the day off and decided i was due for a shopping spree. yes, a shopping spree...at my same 3 stores: jcrew, anthropologie, and ann taylor. the entire time, i justified my purchases by thinking, i work really hard and if i can't have my dream job, i should at least have a dream wardrobe. granted, a dream
wardrobe would include louboutins and designer clothes but i have to start somewhere, right? and in any case, i love jcrew so who am i kidding? i'd always shop there.

while i was at jcrew, i decided that i'd sign up for a card. (it's hard to believe i don't already have one, right? well actually i did but apparently if you don't use it for 8 years, they close the account.) so when you sign up, you get a gift card for every $500 you spend. i think the gift card is only like $25 but listen, if jcrew wants to give me money, i'll take it. however, when i explained why i signed up for a card to my husband, i decided to explain the gift card as a cost savings. listen, it's math.

anyway, while i was checking out, i started chatting it up with the sales associate and somehow the conversation got into a personal shopper. next thing i know, i have a personal shopper! i know. omg, i have a personal shopper. i've finally made it in life! in that moment, i decided, if i don't have a dream job, then i should at least make the most of being able to afford shopping and having a personal shopper!(note: the personal shopper is totally free so really, i haven't made it that far in life.)

(total sidenote: i was really disappointed that i didn't win the $226m megamillions lottery last week. i really thought that i had a shot. i mean who needs that $226m more than me? oh well. sigh.)

anyway, i met my personal shopper (anthony...yeah, it's a boy) the first thing he said to me was, "oh, i recognize you." hmmm, maybe i'm there too often? i can't wait for him to email me and put clothes aside for me.  i also can't wait to be totally broke (except of course, for all that "cost savings" from my jcrew gift cards).

i will keep you posted on the treasures he finds for me (hopefully they'll be on sale!)...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure somewhere in the Personal Shopper Handbook it says "Try to cut your clients the best deals by offering them sale items as often as possible. We don't need their money anyway!"

    ReplyDelete