Monday, February 21, 2011

my boots! my boots! my lovely lady boots!

i really love my seasons depending on the clothing and accessories. i love fall because of long sleeve shirts, crisp air, falling leaves, and pumpkin-flavored anything and everything. it's also the start of the boot season. but really, honestly, boots don't really have their shining moment until the cold, harsh months. when a normal shoe that barely covers your ankles just won't do. when your feet need full on warmth and shelter. AH, BOOTS! I HEART YOU SO MUCH.

now, i live in a very cute condo with an equally cute size closet. one that doesn't fit the high maintenance needs of my wardrobe, let alone my shoes. my shoes hate each other. they fight for space. they bury one another. it's not fair. and to stir things up, there are a couple new boots fighting their way into the closet! you're welcome, hubs. there's now even less room for your stuff in the closet. love you. xoxo.

for christmas, i received these lovely high-gloss violet hunter boots. no more soppy shoes from the gross rainstorms. nice dry toes, paraded around in bright, glossy, happy boots. it makes you want to just jump into a big puddle.



for my birthday, a pair of brand new tall black uggs. now i love my uggs. love them. they are warm and cozy and yes, yes,  i know that they are not "on trend"...i'm no dummy so spare me the lecture. but who am i to deny my sad, tortured toes these fluffy, cloud shoes. CLOUD SHOES, people. it's like encasing your entire foot in a marshmallow. well, that doesn't sound appealing but trust me. it is.



and then, for my "january boots" (as in, there's no official occasion but these are the last pair of size 8 boots in the US), these bow-tied beauties. these took EONS to arrive (no really, it took over two weeks to arrive from chicago)...in fact, maybe these are more accurately known as  my "february boots".  seriously, a boot AND bows? all my loves unite. aren't they grand?



winter - i hate your cold harsh ways....but i love my boots. L-O-V-E.  thank you for giving me a reason to wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment