Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 - the year of wisdom

so it took about a month but i have returned. it was the holidays though and, really, who has the energy to blog after eating their weight in cookies and sinking into a sugar coma? not this lady.


yum!

the month of december was filled with milestones...let's walk through them, shall we?
  1. i moved out of my place completely. it took almost three months but i'm finally out of there (and by "finally" i mean i sobbed as i was packing. goodbye, my first place).
  2. next, it was the first married christmas/first christmas out of the dc area. it was definitely different to not be around my family this year for christmas...especially my mom, who i am strangely obsessed with (but that is a topic for an entirely different post altogether)...but it was nice to spend time with my in-laws, who i actually like...a lot...i know, it's weird, right?
  3. and, lastly, the biggest milestone, of all, i celebrated my big birthday (i can't even bring myself to type the number, that's just how monumental it was).

for the months/years leading up to this birthday, i kicked and screamed. i vowed not to get this old...but then i realized the alternative to not making it to this age was death and i started to change my tune. well, somewhat. i was still pretty grumpy about it. i mean aging is a package deal - it comes with fatigue, wrinkles, a snail-pace metabolism, and, in some severe cases, lameness. mainly though, my concerns centered on the wrinkles (i figure i'm usually tired, i've had bouts of lameness in my younger days, and i'm not morbidly obese yet). so, here i am, pulling on my face to see what it would look like if i had a facelift; researching botox and restalin and pricing out what routine injections would cost; and stockpiling an arsenal of creams, serums, and other anti-aging promises in a jar when, all of a sudden, something amazing happened.



the birthday miracle


i began playing around with the mac i bought my husband for christmas and started to edit some of my wedding photos. and that's when i discovered it. retouching. i'm going to say it again. retouching. there it was. the answer. who cares about aging if i can just retouch my photos? who needs to stress about wrinkles when i can wipe them away with a few mouse strokes? it's genius really.  birthday, shmirthday. aging, schmaging. all i need is my mac (i wonder, if that earns me a sponsorship from apple?)

how's that for some wisdom? just a little something for you to nibble on in 2010. happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment